Monday, June 25, 2007

Travel Tip #3

When I travel to a destination where I don't speak the language I always try to grab a business card that has the hotel address and phone number on it, or I have the concierge write down a message that says "Take me to (blank) hotel and the address. That way if I get in a cab and we are unable to communicate the driver will be able to take me back to the right hotel.

Also, if you have food allergies, I would recommend using the concierge to write down a message such as, "I'm allergic to (blank)" or "(blank) will kill me!' in the local language. You can show this to a waiter and be able enjoy your meal rather than nervously eating and wondering whether you were understood!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

©2007 travelingchic.com hip blog design: cgonsa